Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Melbourne long weekend

Since Australia was celebrating Queen Liz's bday this weekend my family decided to take advantage of the break and go on a mini holiday to Melbourne, Victoria. Gladys learned that it takes just 1 hour 9 minutes by plane to get there.
We had a fun plane ride watching old episodes of Sabrina the Teenage Witch. Gladys also listened to some Glee on my ipod. She's become quite the fan - i'm such a bad influence on her. But is is keeping her distracted from the fact that she swapped places with Gus and is now missing out on seeing Aerosmith! I'm not sure she'll ever forgive me for that! I wouldn't!!
Brunch in Melbourne at the Queen Victoria markets. A lime milkshake (which Gladys stole from my Dad, there's no way I was trying something that colour!) and nachos!

Wandering through the markets - a little of a let down. The ones in Sydney are MUCH better! :D

We spent the afternoon shopping in Harbour Town (note: this will be a recurring theme over our holiday). So many wonderful shops. And the place was decorated with lovely lanterns! Such perfect weather for a city that is always talked about as cold as miserable! Us Sydney-siders are so horrible to our Melbourne (our rival city).

1 comment:

  1. becky - just wanted to tell you i love that shot of the lanterns! how pretty and colorful!!! :)

    ReplyDelete